sorry, wrong list

Begin forwarded message:

On 11 Jun 2004, at 10:44, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

"No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active committers
(must be at least 3 independent committers)"

Ok, we have 3 independent but in total we are 10.
That means wyona supplies 66.6%.
...or did I miss something?

Maybe we can count the inactive non wyona commiters as independent ones?

I don't think one needs to precisely calculate percentages. nor add non-active committers to tweak the numbers - this happened already when the project was accepted as an incubatee.

The real question is: is the future of Lenya, the community project, still tied into the future of Wyona, Inc? What happens if Wyona goes bust? Who is the driving force behind Lenya: Wyona or the Lenya community? Who exercises control over project evolution?

If the community is able to show that Lenya can evolve freely, untied from the bounds with Wyona, the Lenya community project can ask for incubation exit.

As for my personal IMHO, I think Lenya has been residing in the incubator for much too long. Only with the addition of several non-Wyona committers, the urge to exit started to appear. This shows (to me) that Lenya is becoming independent from Wyona, and is a much clearer indication of meeting incubation exit criteria than counting committers beans.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org