On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:16:59 +0200, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> Oh, it will be CVS for now, I believe, as our most-beloved
> programming tools don't have subversion support integrated until
> now.

Which tools would those be? There are SVN plugins for both IDEA
(http://svnup.tigris.org) and Eclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org) . For shells,
TortoiseSVN is also quite good, if you are using Windows, and there is RapidSVN if not
(see tigris.org). Meanwhile, cvs2svn (http://cvs2svn.tigris.org) will transfer your
CVS history to SVN.

A bonus is that since SVN supports directory renaming, I believe more history will be
retained under SVN than you would retain under CVS.

Subversion is designed as a improved CVS, and, IMHO, lives up to its design goals. The
learning curve is surprisingly minimal.

-Ted.