Stephen McConnell wrote:
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

unnecessary and unwarranted disruption of an incubator project

Let it go. No one other than you is characterizing it that way. Just let
it go.

I let it go for three months and now I'm seeing the consequences on not speaking up earlier. If people here think it is appropriate I can move the discussion to [EMAIL PROTECTED] - but frankly, I think it is more appropriate that this issue is dealt with here. Either way, the question of "mentor" responsibility and accountability will be raised.

I would like to retract my comments above.

Basically I'm digging a hole for myself and dragging Nicola in with me. Nicola - I want to apologize to you for that. You and I still need to talk because knowingly or not your causing me grief and making life difficult for an entire project. As for the above - I'm not interested in raising discussion on [EMAIL PROTECTED] - I'm not even keen on the discussion here. All I really want to do is to get you to recognize that your public call for the death of a particular Apache project has caused damage and unnecessary time from a number of different people who care about the project in question. On the other-hand I can't stand here are say that you don't have the right to say what you think.

To everyone else - at the end of the day I know I'm simply using the question of mentor as leverage. Bottom line - that makes me not a very good Apache citizen and that's creating a situation in which I feel very uncomfortable. Maybe Ken's right and all I need is a good smack around the head. Even so - I want to say sorry to everyone here - in particular - Noel - you don't need this more than anyone.

Steve.