Brian Behlendorf wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

Brian Behlendorf wrote:

It seems to me that any honest assessment of the merit of
accepting a proposal should include a look at the code itself, if only to
get a gut-check on how maintainable and evolveable that codebase might be
going forward.

why?  if the idea excites people but the code sucks, are we going to
turn it down?

In that case, we might decide to accept a new project into the incubator for the same purpose, but decide not to accept the sucky code.

java.apache.org history shows a long history of failures in incubating projects without code. jakarta doesn't, exactly because we established that rule.

It would be a *major* step back if we lifted that requirement.

--
Stefano.