Collective work Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
     [AL 2.0 Template]

     Derivative work Copyright 2004 Some Other Contributor.
     Licensed to the ASF under a contributor agreement.

     Copyright 2004 Contributor Company, Inc.
     Licensed to the ASF under a contributor agreement.

So Corporate entities get special handling (i.e., all I have to do is form an LLC and I can get my self listed in the notice file)?

No, those copyright notices would be for every legitimate copyright owner of the contents of each source file -- an owner is necessarily an individual or legal entity. That means each individual or legal entity that contributes something copyrightable on its own that ends up in a given file would be listed within that file.

Note that this was only a suggestion offered as a possible solution.
It was not given as advice, legal or otherwise, nor was it offered
as the best solution.

The problem with such a scheme is that, to be fair, we would have
to go back through the archives of each project, determine the
actual copyright holders, and ask if they want to be named by
a copyright notice.  Some will, some won't, and this will inevitably
lead to an ego war over the fact that some of the least-contributing
individuals will be more prominently named throughout the source
code than those who contributed 80% or more of the code.  Furthermore,
contributions that came from employed individuals will most likely
need to acknowledge both the individual and their employer(s).
Even worse, some of the lawyers for some of those companies will
erroneously claim that they own all IP generated by their employees,
and will therefore object if we do try to name them as individuals.

This is a lose-lose situation, which is why we spent so much time
and effort trying to avoid it.

....Roy