+1 from me too, of course :)

The search.apache.org proposal is forthcoming.  I've drafted it at:

        http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/TopLevelProposal

I'll propose this to the Jakarta PMC in a day or so after we have a chance for others to comment.

The link between Nutch and search.apache.org, while quite obviously the proper way to do it, is not necessary. The move of Lucene to TLP and the incubation of Nutch I view as independent activities. The search.apache.org project should be in place long before Nutch is ready to promote out of incubation.

        Erik