On Feb 21, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

Erik Hatcher wrote:
The Lucene PMC has  unanimously voted to accept the Lucene4c codebase.
Let's bring it into incubation!
What's next?

I figure this probably fell off most people's radar over the weekend, but just so there's something sitting in the top of the inbox, ping?

From a "getting the project going" standpoint I imagine that bringing the project into the ASF Subversion repository would be a reasonable first step, along with setting up a mailing list or two.

Are there any other administrative tasks that need to take place before that kind of thing can happen? If so, just let me know and I'll get started on them, if not, then what needs to be done to get the ball rolling?

Getting the Forrest website going would be a good step to tackle. See the Incubator site for some details, as well as cloning how Nutch is set up:

        http://incubator.apache.org/projects/nutch.html

Erik