Niclas Hedhman wrote:

Has the Derby project engaged suitable DB PMC members as committers and PPMC members, to enhance oversight and increase cross-pollination ?? (Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I have not followed the details of Derby.)

DB PMC members have been with Derby from the start and have actively been involved in its incubation. Derby has cross pollinated with other Apache projects such as Geronimo and JDO (also under incubation by the DB PMC).

THe last time the issue of graduation was raised the primary concern was that the project lacked a diversity of committers having added only one from outside IBM. Since then we have added one independent, three from Sun and continue see a diversity on the dev and user lists that should lead to even more committers in the near future.

I believe Derby has demonstrated Apache's community values and is ready to graduate.

+1

--
Jeremy