Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
--On September 1, 2005 8:41:11 PM +1000 Berin Lautenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There are far more checks already.  To get a project approved you need a
full resolution signed by the board. A better analogy would be voting on a new PMC member. No PMC requires *any* input from anyone else to take such a
vote.

No, it's not. The board always reserves the right to reject a PMC member. Don't confuse the 100% success rate so far for a rubber stamp.

I'm not - you are not reading me right. For a vote on a PMC member, the board is not involved but the PMC member is not yet ratified by the board, and so is not yet a PMC member - *regardless of what the PMC might wish*. If the board says no, then that's it. Doesn't change the fact the PMC had a vote. It just invalidates it.

Likewise incubation - you can incubate as much as you want, but without the signoff of the board, you will never get to TLP.

Cheers,
        Berin