On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:30:20AM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > > I suggest that we go further and make it a requirement
> > > of graduation from the Incubator that the project
> > > already has some people helping at infra@
> >
> > That can only apply if there are ASF Members willing to do it, because we
> > don't give apmail or root access to non-Members.  And not everyone wants or
> > feels competent to manage the tasks.
> >
> > What tasks did you have in mind?
>
> Anything. Even just answering other users queries.

+1 to having lots of people helping out. But I don't like making these kinds of
things required. I rather have the ASF pay for dedicated staff or suffer
further degradation
of service -- making "volunteering" "mandatory" doesn't feel right. We can do
some nudging and nagging and certainly set expectations but I don't like
requirements.

- LSD