Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
On 12/21/2005 7:22 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Folks,

Right now any PMC can automatically ok projects into incubator. How
about we change that rule? So that the only pmc that can  approve a
proposal is the incubator PMC.

++1

Without putting too much thought into my response I think that the Incubator PMC wields enough control given that they have the final say on Incubation graduation.

Having a no vote in what enters the incubator, but only on what leaves:
1) sets up the folks doing the work for burnout due to the possibly large numbers of projects in at any one time. Controlling throughput is important. 2) sets up a larger number of projects for failure. If there is (hypothetically) some compelling reason that a project isn't going to be graduated, then isn't it better to be able to say that at the start, rather than waiting for a certain number of hoops to be jumped through?

Yes, absolutely, I believe the incubator should have a vote up front to approve what enters the incubator.

--
Rich Bowen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]