Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Martin Cooper wrote:
> > Personally, I would prefer that the ASF not accept _any_ AJAX
> > framework at this point in time. The area is relatively new
> > and in a great deal of flux right now, and "crowning" one of
> > them with the ASF brand will create a de facto standard instead
> > of letting the market decide, whether we like it or not.

> I am confused - why can't there be multiple ajax projects at somepoint?

No reason.  Martin expressed his personal view.  Personally, I disagree with
his view.  I don't believe that the ASF should be a place for "crowning"
staid and mature projects.  I would like to see continued innovation here,
too.

AJAX is an interesting area, with potential impact for Portals, WS, MyFaces,
and elsewhere.  Last Fall, we had someone wanting to contribute a JavaScript
version of LOG4J, and nowhere to go.  An AJAX project would have provided a
natural home.

        --- Noel