Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>

>>do you really feel comfortable when the main point of oversight
>>for the ASF in an incubated project is in the pay of the project
>>sponsor and quite possibly internally reporting to one of the
>>project committer ?  The potential for conflict is huge and I
>>would personnally hate to be in such an awkward position.
>

> I can think of examples supporting your view, but most probably support
> Roy's.  By trying to get at least 3 ASF Members as active Mentors, perhaps
> we can better address the concern.

Do we have other incubating projects following the Kabuki pattern, ie
all initial committers from a single company with the mentor salaried
by the same company ? I'd sure like to know how these evolved if
we have any.

I'm glad Martin has been added as a commmitter to Kabuli but I would
feel much better about it if other existing memebrs/committers willing
to work on that project would join.

>>others from Portals may wish to give it a try but I somehow
>>doubt it given that the toolkit didn't even show up in the
>>short list  when we first investigated the field for our
>>AJAX support.
>

> Was it reviewed?  Or just didn't show up on the radar?

As far as i know, it has never been reviewed on the mailing-list
probably because it didn't show up on the radar.

--
Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://portals.apache.org/