On 2/13/06, Jacopo Cappellato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> J Aaron,
>
> thanks for your feedback.
> Sorry but I still have some doubts about this:
>
> if a guy signs an iCLA in which he states that he agrees to release
> under the ASL all the work (present and future) that he sends to the ASF
> (thru mailing lists, Jira, SVN etc...), in which way this agreement will
> address the work that the guy did and donated in the past under a
> different licence and to a different project/community?

Incubating OFBiz = present contribution.

For former contributors, the purpose of the iCLA is to cover this
current contribution to the Incubator.  While the contribution may be
in the past as far as OFBiz is concerned, it's in the present as far
as the ASF is concerned.  In other words, the contributor is
re-contributing the code as part of the incubation grant.

--
  jaaron