Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> > I do feel that some of it does come down to being able to
> > convey a subjective confidence to the Incubator PMC that
> > the community really does "get it" regarding ASF principles
> > and practices.

> There are a number of definitions for the word "subjective".

An operational definition would be decisions that are based upon each
person's experiences, best judgment, etc.  That does not mean arbitrary and
capricious.

Members of the Incubator PMC are expected to be experienced in community
building and ASF practices, and to use their best judgment.  We may not
always agree off the bat, and may debate matters to arrive at a consensus,
but each member of the Incubator PMC is entitled to their opinions, and
would be expected to vote such.

> If I take away the list of infrastructure issues, I only see the need to
> have a thorough discussion as to where AMQ will land when it graduates.
> Once this settles down and we, hopefully, reach a consensus we will be
> ready to vote, imho.

I believe that I've explained that my concerns over where it lands come from
underlying issues for each community.  In any event, if a vote is called, we
can find out what the overall consensus is of the Incubator PMC.

        --- Noel