We voted on tuscany-dev on a revised version that addresses the issues
Robert raised below and the results can be viewed at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.webservices.tuscany.devel/3403

We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release
this new version.
The candidate distribution can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/

Thanks
--
Jeremy

http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/>,

>> give us
>> feedback and let us know if we need to fix anything.
>

> (non-binding)
>
> a few little nits (nothing serious, more FYI for next time):
>
> 1 there are some encoding issues down at the bottom of the
> LICENSE.txt. they
> don't effect the meaning.
> 2 STATUS seems like it might be a little outdated re:PENDING ISSUES.
> might
> be good to list M1 in the release status
> 3 MANIFEST files lack a Implementation-Vendor-Id and so are not fully
> complient. it's conventional to use 'org.apache'.
>
> one slightly more serious point:
>
> 4 the tuscany jar's don't contain NOTICE files. all distributed artifacts
> *must* contain these LICENSE and NOTICE files. if these jars don't
> contain
> these files then they cannot be released via the apache jar repository
> (which is mirrored to the maven repository on ibiblio). read
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html. it's traditional to include
> LICENSE
> and NOTICE files within META-INF (but that's not mandatory).
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html contains maven 1
> snippets.
>
> but overall not bad :-)
>
> - robert

Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. I fixed the issues you reported (see JIRA
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-414) and uploaded the
updated files to http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/.

I also started a new vote on tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org to publish the
updated distribution. The vote email thread is available there:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200605.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

--
Jean-Sebastien