From: Adinarayana Sakala [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 5:54 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project

Hi Sanjiva,

> Adi, can you confirm that from IONA's perspective the project is a
> JAX-WS implementation along with additional stuff for security, RM
etc.?
CeltiXfire is aimed at developing various SOA infrastructure
components, including JAX-WS, WS-* stuff but not limited just to them,
as I hope was made clear in the proposal.  CeltiXfire community also
aims at providing support for multi-transport and multi-dataformat
capabilities along with extensibility for legacy integration.  From
WS-* perspective yes in some ways CeltiXfire could be seen as an
alternative but in other ways it could be  seen as complementary,
since Axiom (which is part of Axis2) could be used as one of the
multiple data models, WSS4J could be used as delivering support for
WS-Security etc.

Regards,
Adi Sakala

On 6/24/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 13:28 -0400, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> > Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> > > I thought XFire does all these specs too
> > > (http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison; except for obviously
> > > JAX-WSA as that's not even done yet). So what part of Celtix
(other than
> > > the name) is in Celtixfire in that case?
> > >

> > Celtix has JAX-WS nearly fully done (hard to tell when the TCK isn't
> > available yet), where as XFire only has about 50% done.
Additionally
> > Celtix has things like WS-RM, better JMX Integration, a better JMS
> > transport, etc.
>
> OK; I knew that about Celtix anyway .. my real question was for
Celtix!

> > I don't presume to speak for IONA, but after chatting with them a
fair
> > amount I wouldn't let their marketing team influence your opinion of
> > what the project is about.
>
> Adi, can you confirm that from IONA's perspective the project is a
> JAX-WS implementation along with additional stuff for security, RM
etc.?
> In other words, its an alternate WS-* stack to the stuff that's under
> development in the WS project (except for the JCP spec implementation
> focus, which the WS project doesn't have).
>
> Sanjiva.

Adi Sakala
http://celtix.objectweb.org