sophitia que wrote:
[...]
I don't think it's unreasonable that we expect proposing parties to at
least browse and read parts of the incubator web site prior to a
submission.  Our obligation, as the incubator, would be to 1) ensure that
any official guidelines we develop are prominently and visibly displayed on
the incubator web site, 2) promote community and cultural processes that
reinforce these practices.

I agree. Listing these guidelines or recommendations in a document
(or a section of one) specifically designated for third parties
wishing to propose a project will be a big help. IMO, the section
named Entry To Incubation of the Incubation would be a good place.
The Branding Guidelines is where I would tend to look for guidance
after my proposal has been accepted but not necessarily until then.

Martin