On 11 Jul 06, at 5:20 PM 11 Jul 06, Daniel Kulp wrote:

On Tuesday July 11 2006 6:41 am, Jason van Zyl wrote:
If anyone who uses Maven is interested I can whip off a plugin to
create a DOAP file from a POM so that they don't have to maintain
both files.

Cool....    Great idea....   :-)

Could we also have an "apache utils" maven plugin that we could add to our builds that does things like automatically add the "NOTICE.TXT", license, and other related things to all the jars/ears/wars. It would be much easier to just add a "apache" plugin to the top level pom than add all the notice files and such for every sub-projects. Also less error- prone if the
notice file changes or apache requirements change.   (like need to add
another file, change the location of the file in the jar, etc....) What
do others think of the idea?

One thing at a time :-)

I'll try to whip this off and check it in for people to look at.

Jason.

Dan