+1 to this proposal. I've also added my name to the list at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AsyncWebProposal

Regards
Azeez

On 7/12/06, peter royal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have been talking with Dave Irving who is the principal developer
behind AsyncWeb, <http://asyncweb.safehaus.org>, an HTTP engine built
upon MINA <http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/mina/>, on
bringing the project to the ASF.

I've started a proposal at <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/
AsyncWebProposal>, assistance from others would be appreciated in
helping flesh it out.

I think this would be a good addition to the ASF, as there are many
projects that can benefit from a Java-based non-blocking HTTP server,
and I would also like to see some collaboration with the
HttpComponents project on their HttpNIO efforts.

thanks!

-pete

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://fotap.org/~osi