Robert,
I mailed an email to the legal-discuss list. I'll give you all an
update here, what the result of the *trademark overhaul* issue is.

-Matthias

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-27

On 7/7/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maybe we all can work a bit on this *new* :) wiki page

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Trademarks

If we all agree on the content, I'd like to move it to the *real* website

-Matthias

http://www.mail-archive.com/adffaces-user%40incubator.apache.org/msg00280.html

> On 7/6/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I just saw that Synapse has *similar* task, not same. It starts with
> > "If applicable, make ...".
> > Is this b/c there is no free section on nameprotect.com or no "apache
account" ?

> > Thanks,
> > Matthias
> >
> > On 7/5/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Since the name "ADF Faces" is only a temporary one, we ask our
> > > community to vote on a name (We filtered the suggested names, because
> > > some are already used for software products; filtering means: using
> > > google by combining name + software).
> > >
> > > The result was "Trinidad". So the name for the Podling is now "Apache
> > > Trindidad".
> > >
> > > To be save about the name and our status (see [1]) file contains the
> > > following section, I'd like to know the *process details* on the
> > > "trademark issue".
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > > Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
> > > check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
> > > trademarked for an existing software product.
> > > </snip>
> > >
> > > Since "www.nameprotect.com" is not free to use, we did already the
following:

> > > Our committer "Adam Winer" did a research on "Trinidad" regarding US
Trademarks:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/lebb8
> > >
> > > and a user "Frank Felix Debatin" did the same for German Trademarks:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/ohfds
> > >
> > > Both came up that there are *only* Trademarks against Trinidad against
> > > Rum, Cigar and Tobacco.
> > >
> > > Now we don't know, is that what we've done so far is enough?
> > >
> > > I'd like to contribute this "informations" to the incubator site,
> > > because it is very important for others, but not sure if we are done
> > > or almost done, and what is still missing on the *crucial* trademark
> > > thing.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > -Matt
> > >

> > --