We currently have a maven 2 repository for maven 2 snapshot releases
of incubating projects...
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/

we also have a maven 1 repository for both incubating and
non-incubating projects
http://people.apache.org/repository/

and we have a maven2 repository for non-incubating projects
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

Right now its hurting users of incubating projects not to have a maven
2 repository of the actual releases made by the projects.

I understand the current rules of the incubator forbid the use of the
apache mirrors for incubating projects. However could we have a maven
2 repository somewhere for the releases of incubating projects? Or
could we put the incubating projects's m2 releases in the current m2
repository (afterall the versions of the jars have 'incubator' in
their name to clearly mark them?

I'd be happy with either approach; the latter option is simpler as its
one less URL to remember (and I get confused enough as it is
remembering where all the maven repos are ;-) plus it minimises the
impact on users as projects graduate, not having to switch maven
repositories.

Thoughts?
--

James