but
we cant expect all our existing users or those who stumble upon wicket for
the first time to enlighten themselves.

so i would rather release on our existing home at sf.net

Yes i would also rather see a normal wicket-1.2.2.jar  when we release an
update
to 1.2.x then a incubator name in it.  1.2.2 is a finished release and
incubator
doesn't say finished to me and that i guess goes for a lot of people.

So i am +1 for option 2.

And for 2.0 we should then really wait for getting out of incubator. Because
the same rules apply to me. I am not pro for a final release with incubator
in the name.

johan