On 7/31/06, sophitia que <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/31/06, Martin Sebor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it intended that either of the two mentions (specifically just
> the URL) satisfy this requirement? I.e., that something like this
> be sufficient on a third party web page that discusses the project:

>         Apache Podling-Name
>     </a>

Hello Martin:

From my perspective, the above is insufficient because it presumes that
people understand that http://incubator.apache.org/.... refers to a project
in incubation.  Perhaps this is a failure on our part, to do the sufficient
branding of what the Apache Incubator is, but I'd say that until such time
that the Apache Incubator has become better understood as an entity and
process through the industry, that explicit mention of a "project in
incubation/in the Apache Incubator" is necessary.

If that's the case then someone should change the docs, since that's
totally not how I read it.  Judging from what's there now, just using
the link to incubator.a.o seems like it should be totally sufficient.

-garrett