On 8/3/06, Cliff Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

Please vote on the Glasgow proposal, as described below, which can
also be found at:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GlasgowProposal?action=recall&rev=1.

+1

i do have a few comments

i agree with the substance of a couple of important points which have
led some people to vote -1 but i disagree about the right way to
proceed.

upon reflection, the use of proper nouns to name projects is a habit
that we need to break. however, IMHO this is something that does not
need to be addressed immediately for this project.

i also definitely agree with the importance of open standards.
however, apache has already achieved a great deal of good by engaging
with creators of standards. there seems to me to be a willingness to
move towards an open standards process. i think that we should (at
this stage of the process and given that the body is still
bootstrapping) be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

we can (and should) revisit the issue of standards later (perhaps at
the time of the first board report). we should know more then.

- robert