On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 02:00:13PM +0100, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> Axis2 are starting to get ready for a 1.1 release. Since 1.0, it has a
> new dependency on the Woden incubator podling. This is a similar issue
> to Geronimo including ActiveMQ back in March [1]. Except, unlike
> ActiveMQ, Woden was never a project existing outside the ASF.
>
> Does anyone know of any general guidance resulting from that
> discussoin since then?

Nope. Note that a lot of my e-mail (the first one in the thread) was
explicitly mentioned as being a personal opinion. Do read the rest of the
thread :)

In fact, we've had the same discussion related to different projects
about 3 times since march, but we still don't have revised policy. That's
because its hard to write a good one.

> Any comments appreciated.

You mentioned a few things which sound quite sane.

The one thing that stays true is that it is the responsiblity of the PMC
that votes on the release and puts the tarballs online to make sure that
what they're doing is appropriate.

LSD