Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
On 8/30/06, Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If it comes to a VOTE, i'd vote -1 on automatic syncing of incubator
artifacts to maven central repo.

I would -1 it as well.

The idea behind a separate repository was to make it very explicit to
the user that they are fetching stuff from the Incubator.  This
strikes me as an end-run around that policy...  -- justin

Well it can be run around right now too. I as a user of an incubating project can request that a jar be uploaded to ibiblio. The incubator and ibiblio policies are distinct. Unless the incubator can enforce policy on the Ibiblio/Maven project for them to police the artifacts, they can currently be redistributed on Ibiblio, it is just an extra pain for me as a user.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions