On Sep 9, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

On Sep 9, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

On Sep 8, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for doing this. I think it's great for podlings to get a leg up.

I'd like to understand where this POM is documented so that podlings can use and understand it.

Just a link to the incubator web page that tells podlings what they need to do to use it would let me see how it is intended to be used, and to refer podlings to it.

I would suggest the projects page:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/projects.html

This page doesn't appear to have any information on how to use the POM you are setting up.

No, not yet - that was the suggestion on where it would go. There's some work needed (for example, I don't think that page is even linked to off the nav) in addition to just documenting it.

As a jump start, what a podling would need to do is add a section to their maven pom like:

<project ...>
 <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.incubator</groupId>
    <artifactId>podling-parent</artifact>
    <version>1</version>
 </parent>
 ... rest of podling's original pom ...
</project>

Their project would then inherit settings from this POM in the normal Maven way, the interesting ones being: * the location of the download repositories for podlings (snapshot and incubator) * the location of the upload repositories for the podlings (snapshot and incubator)

--
Jeremy