Don't know if this is acceptable to send to this list -- so my
apologies if I'm stepping in it here :-o    but I know some people
on the list may not be that familiar with Jini and so I thought
I'd recommend a recent series of podcasts that the JavaPosse
is doing on Jini (and the computecycles.dev.java.net project -
which utilitzes Jini). Van has a nice way of explaining things,
and so if you like podcasts, this may be of interest to you:

"Interview with Van Simmons about Jini and ComputeCycles"

  * Part 1  (Sep 17):
         <http://javaposse.com/index.php?post_id=131159>
  * Part 2  (Sep  24):
        <http://javaposse.com/index.php?post_id=133510>
  * Part 3  (coming...)

He also touches on our Jini Apache incubator Proposal, but is
not intimate with the details of where we are in the process...
so primarily just comments on how it's a "good thing"  :-)

-Jim