On 10/1/06, Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/1/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 provided we take the list of interested committers out of the
> proposal. We shouldn't be indicating that we are in favour of a
> proposal if we're not going to make the committers listed committers.

This works for some proposals but not for others.  Take Wicket for example:
we would require all of the people who already had commit access to Wicket
re-prove themselves?  That's incredibly dismissive of their past
contributions.

delegation to the PPMC means that the Mentors have it within their
power to solve this one themselves. IMHO it would be right (in the
case of a project like Wicket) for the Mentors to elect all those who
had commit access already as committers right away. i would also see
nothing wrong in moving quickly to drafting all existing Wicket
committers onto the PPMC.

- robert