On 10/1/06, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Taken from the "Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire" thread:

- The Incubator PMC sets the Mentors, who form the initial PPMC
- The PPMC (Mentors) elects additional PPMC members
- The PPMC elects Committers

This also implies changing the proposal's initial committers list to
something suggestive not binding, allowing the the Mentors review and vote
on comitters.

So far, as responses we have:

+1:
    Noel J. Bergman
    Mads Toftum
    Henri Yandell
    Davanum Srinivas
    Jason Van Zyl
    Robert Burrell Donkin

Justin has raised a concern that we not create an unfair or insulting
barrier existing, active. committers on communities joining the
ASF.  Robert
and I have independently expressed our views that this won't do so.

-1.  I think your response is extremely misguided.  In this situation, we
would accept code without allowing the people who contributed it further
access: that is completely unfair.

If we do not accept the people, we don't accept the code.  -- justin