--On October 9, 2006 8:51:29 AM +0200 Mads Toftum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So you want to give commit to people who don't even ask for it?
That seems like taking it a step too far for me.
If someone turns up 6 months down the line, I'm sure the people who came
with the podling will be quick to get a vote going and the formality in
place.

You're missing the point - these people had earned commit access wherever the codebase lived before. Those people can be seeded as an 'initial emeritus list' and can simply regain access by asking for it again without having to prove themselves all over again. -- justin