On Oct 21, 2006, at 3:24 AM, Leo Simons wrote:

This is *not* an actual vote. The vote is on harmony-dev; see

Well, then, why did you call it a vote?  This is what we call
confusing the voters, ballot irregularities, "hanging chad", and
other fun things that cause unnecessary wars.

I don't understand why the mentors are making this process so hard.
At no time whatsoever during this entire discussion was it ever
possible for Harmony to have failed a graduation vote given the
number of PMC members who are involved in the project, yet you seem
bound and determined to attract as many -1s as possible by dicking
around with a fairly easy procedure.

Look, this is what I did for Jackrabbit:

<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/ 200603.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There is no need for special events, no need for advance polls of
consensus, no bizarre multi-list calls for non-voting votes, and
no pissing and moaning about the questions asked by Incubator PMC.
Just have the project vote on graduation FIRST and then use that as
fodder for the vote by Incubator PMC, answer the questions as best you
can, and be happy as individuals become satisfied and add their +1s.
When that looks like a positive outcome, send the resolution to the
board.

If you don't do that, my guess is that the board will tell you to
do it all again before the resolution is considered at the next
meeting, because Harmony is not a special case.

....Roy [anticipating that this message will be delayed due to move]