Marshall Schor wrote:
The most popular way to pronounce UIMA is you-eee-muh.

There is a fairly large user community using pre-Apache UIMA. The potential confusion about which UIMA people may be talking about may be mitigated somewhat by versioning. The pre-Apache releases are numbered 1.x.x; the Apache ones will be numbered as 2.x.x and higher. (We are showing a "beta" level of 2.x in pre-Apache form, but will transition users as rapidly as possible to the the Apache one, once we get set up and "going" in Apache).

If we rename it, this might cause some confusion itself - it would appear that there were 2 different things, rather than one thing that was moving from its previous environment to Apache. I'm not sure what would be more confusing - having a new name, or having users understand that the project has moved to Apache.

I don't understand the problem here. Is UIMA going to be something different when it moves to apache? and why should users care where the project is hosted?

If you ask me - Just keep the name.

--
 Sami Siren