On Nov 6, 2006, at 9:01 PM, peter royal wrote:
The AltRMI podling, <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ altrmi.html> has become stagnant. Here is a vote to move it into retirement.

[ ] -1 : It lives on, you someone missed my recent commits on it last week
[ ]  0 : I don't do fall cleansing
[ ] +1 : Move to retirement

Here's my +1

+1.

Shame though. Such a great codebase it is. So much "just works" feeling attached to it no-one needs to work on it.

Heh. Perhaps we can prod some of its contributors (who moved on to bigger and greater things long ago as far as I know) to contribute some of the good bits as a replacement RMI module to Harmony, and have AltRMI eclipse RMI many years after it was first envisioned.

Or maybe not :)

cheers,

Leo