Thanks Robert for looking into this, more comments inline...

On 11/6/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

On 11/5/06, Luciano Resende < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Tuscany PPMC has voted to Release DAS for Java API Implementation as
> part of the M2 release.
> In accordance with Incubator release procedures we are asking the
Incubator
> PMC to  approve this release.

+0 (a couple of questions which i'd like answering before i can +1)

please fix:
------------

md5 sums are not in the correct format. please delete all but the last
line. (AIUI they are read automatically by some scripts.) this does
not require a rebuild.

The files should be in the right format now.

questions
------------

sample-companyweb-1.0-incubator-M2.war lacks LICENSE and NOTICE files.
this means that it cannot be distributed as a raw artifact. is the
intention to ban this artifact from distribution via maven?

LICENSE and NOTICE are available inside the war file at
WEB-INF\classes\META-INF, please let me know if they are in the wrong place.

RAT:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/das/1.0-incubator-M2/samples/testing/tomcat/datasource.xsl

lacks a license header. is there a reason (for example, is it
generated) or is it just an oversight?

This was an oversight on my part, I have created a JIRA and a patch was
applied to the trunk.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-900

Would this be enough ?

important (but can be fixed for next release)

key ID 96324791 used to sign releases is not available from the usual
public key server networks. please upload to pgp.mit.edu (web
interface) or use gpg (to upload to any well known pubilc keyserver).

Sure, the key is from kgoodson, that was of great help signing and uploading
the DAS artifacts. I have forwarded this comment to him.

stylistic (best practice)
---------------------------

release names can be a form of advertising and can also allow the
trademark to be used to prevent unauthorised jars being distributed
with similar names. so, i'd recommend ensuing all releases are
prefixed with 'apache-tuscany' when tuscany graduates. i have no
objection to using this naming in the incubator (though some people
may).

the compressed archives unpack into the current directory. this is a
real PITA for most users and a bad practice. there are two good
approaches: either structure the release so that all  duistributions
unpack into the same directory (with name based on the release) in a
way that elegantly combines or have each unpack distribution into a
separate, meaningfully but uniquely named directory.

I'm aware of this, and have submitted a patch to fix this in the trunk, but
unfortunately it is not available in this release.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-886

- robert