On 11/21/06, Patrick Linskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What do you do when it comes time to vote? Clearly, you can't be voting
on the RC build, as that's not the final build (the final build doesn't
include RC in the name, does it?), and it's my understanding that only
final bits are voted on.

Have a look at the recent number of RC's we've had to do to get our
releases in shape...

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/

basically we create a maven repo for each RC but the artifacts inside
them are all 'the final build'  with no RC in their name - then if the
vote goes well, the RC is just moved to the right place. That way we
don't have to do another build after the vote - but folks can still
compare each RC etc.

--

James
-------