So, just to make sure I understand it now, even tough we might have three +1
IPMC binding votes in the podlign dev-list, we would still have to run a
voting thread on this list and wait for three +1 IPMC biding votes ?

On 11/22/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/22/06, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes Jeremy, this is my understanding as well...
> If we get the three IPMC +1 votes on Tuscany devlist, we could do
something
> simmilar to this thread :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40incubator.apache.org/msg11681.html

this example may be misleading

that's for the acceptance of a new podling. the process for this case
is lazy consensus. no IPMC vote is required at all. if any IPMC
objects then they need to -1 and force a vote on the issue.

release votes *always* require active approval which is why 3 IPMC
votes are required

note that there is a very vocal and quite sizable group of IPMCers who
object to IPMC releases votes being held on podling lists

FWIW i don't understand why given a quorum of three IPMCers in favour
of a release there should be any problem passing a vote on the general
list. the usual issue with releases is a lack of interested IPMCs not
active obstruction...

- robert