On Dec 7, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

I must be missing something. If they aren't voted on, how do you know
if they're valid and meet release requirements?

It is impossible to verify that in a binary.  We have to trust the
person building it to do so according to an approved script.  If people
want to push a given set of binaries through a QA process and vote on
the results, more power to 'em -- anything posted to our webservers is
subject to voting if desired.  However, they are just fooling themselves
if they think testing the binary is sufficient to verify that the binary
actually matches the source version.

"Real" open source developers build their own. ;-)

....Roy