Thanks for the feedback. I have created INFRA-1133 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1133) and attached a patch. Just a conservative extension, nothing revolutionary. Let me know what you think.

--Thilo

robert burrell donkin wrote:
On 1/25/07, Yoav Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hola,

On 1/25/07, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> so what do you propose?  The "signing releases" page does have all the
> info, but it's not very newbie friendly.

I propose that instead of rewriting a new set of docs from scratch,
you (or whoever is interested) submit patches against the current
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html and other related
documents, that make the page conform with your vision of what's best,
or newbie-friendly, or whatever criteria you wish to use.  Just like
any feature enhancement on any software product.  It doesn't matter to
me whether it's FAQ style or normative style or whatever, just that
this info is in one central place, not duplicated all over the place.
In other words, the DRY principle
(http://www.artima.com/intv/dry.html).

+1

- robert