Yoav Shapira wrote:
Hi,

On 2/8/07, Curt Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
I've already started a thread on eliminating or simplifying the
Logging Services bylaws (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-
logging-general&m=117095930231054&w=2).  I thought I saw an thread
here that suggested that project level bylaws or guidelines were
unnecessary, but could not find it in the archives.  Any other
references or guidance would be appreciated, but it would be most
helpful to join the discussion on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I could swear I saw such a message here as well, essentially saying
Bylaws are for the Foundation itself, and projects should have
Guidelines as they see fit, which may mean very little Guidelines
outside the ASF's own general ones.  The Logging Services two-stage
release approval thing has got to end ;)

I remembered this, too, and found this after a little searching: http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg11758.html

--Thilo