On 22 Feb 07, at 1:23 PM 22 Feb 07, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:

Trustin Lee wrote:
I agree with the idea on extending a parent POM generally, but
org.apache:apache-incubator might be more reasonable for the projects
under incubation.

I agree. Having an Incubator POM that includes the necessary stuff like the Maven remote resources, GPG and RAT plugin configuration would most
certainly increase the quality of the metadata and binaries released
from the Incubator. I'll be happy to help out with the effort.

Dan knows where all the stuff is in the Maven Project POM that has all this configured, but I would like to see this go into the ASF POM as this would mean that all projects using Maven 2.x at Apache would have consistent releases simply by using the release plugin. Many problems were found just by Dan trying to use the new release toolchain and I imagine every last issue would be found 3 days after a couple more projects tried to use the tool chain. Here's a little diagram of how the remote resources plugin works. License and notice templates effectively become shared resources that have project specifics injected into a Velocity context before final rendering:

http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/RemoteResourcesHandling.png

Jason.

/someone-whos-been-struggeling-with-getting-the-ftpserver-build- right-the-last-couple-of-days