As I understand it, once the proposal is accepted, the Mentors listed
on the proposal become IPMC members. Once the proposal is accepted,
and the group becomes a podling, then, yes, all Mentors and IPMC
Members.

But, in order to be listed on a proposal, AFAIK, a Mentor does not
need to be a pre-existing IPMC member.

The question is what prerequisites do we expect of Mentors who are
listed on proposals that have not yet been accepted by the IPMC.

ASF Members? ASF Committers? Human? Sapient being? Carbon-based lifeform?

Mentoring a podling is one way to become an IPMC member. Another way
is to be installed by the IPMC directly, like any other ASF project. I
would suggest that the IPMC can vote anyone onto the PMC, just like
any other ASF project.

As to a podling proposal, I would suggest that we expect all Mentors
be ASF Members or IPMC Members. If someone would like to be a Mentor
but is not already a ASF Member, we could always elect that person to
the IPMC first, and then accept the proposal.

-Ted.