I'm looking to complete the last open item on OpenJPA's incubation requirements, which is the trademark search. I've seen several unresponded messages over the past two years that no one can seem to find the "free search" button on nameprotect.com. I have to conclude that there is no free service for us there.

I've searched the US Patent Office database of trademarks (free service) and found nothing at all with "OpenJPA" in it.

I've also looked at the first 180 Google results for OpenJPA and none of them are about any topic other than our own Apache project. Sadly, there are approximately 101,000 hits and I just don't have time to look at all of them.

Is this sufficient due diligence?

On a related note, should we update the incubation-status- template.xml to avoid referring to nameprotect.com?

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://db.apache.org/jdo