I think you can just create a JIRA at [1] so that your dependencies
will be uploaded in the public repository.
The public maven repository is handled by the maven guys.

I guess another way is to make an archive of your local repository
and store it in a publicly available location so that one can always
rebuild the release if needed.  I know maven has a feature to create
this zip file, but I can't recall where.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet