On Friday 28 September 2007 15:40, ant elder wrote:
> Anyway, so i'm thinking more of a benevolent educator than traffic warden
> style reviewer role.

*My* worry is that quality will drop if there is no expectations.

So we could turn this around and say; What are the expectations from the I PMC
reviewers?

I happen to think that a smaller, new project should be given a much more
lenient treatment, than the larger projects in their 5th release cycle.

Should such distinction be ratified in policy? I don't think that is
necessary. Personal judgement is IMHO enough on a case-by-case basis.

Podlings are capable of making the review process smoother. Run RAT, publish
the result, publish the "???" and protests of RAT, plus make a small list
with explaination of why things are the way they are, just indicating that
you are on top of the issue, and I think most of us would gladly pass thru
less than perfect releases, since that shows you know what you are doing
which is more important than doing it correctly.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er