On 22 Oct 07, at 10:36 AM 22 Oct 07, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Oct 22, 2007, at 12:13 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Plexus has 17 Apache committers, Pico has 4 so most of the participants are already familiar with projects here.

But not all favorably it appears...

I don't think anyone was particularly happy about the outcome of the Avalon project, that quote is probably 4 years old now, and no one is obliged to like everything at Apache. There are lots of things I like, and there are things I don't like. The overriding obligation and responsibility of anyone who has a project here, or wants to put one here, is to make an earnest attempt to improve Apache. There is no one on the list of people in the proposal who thinks otherwise.

Was there a particular response you were trying to illicit with that quote? Paul is on vacation, getting drunk, but I'm sure he would respond in the same fashion. I don't think anyone was particularly happy with the outcome of Avalon. Such is life, life goes on, and this is where we are trying to reintegrate this stuff back into Apache.

"It is also worth noting that Paul got drunk with Aslak
to start PicoContainer on the day a world class coder
was effectively expelled from Apache. He voted against
that action and won't go into details, but believes that
it was wrong."

[ ] +1 Accept Composer project for incubation
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Reject for the following reason :

0

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl