Top-posting as it is related but different question. I would like to contribute to the apache legal questions/ answers / discussing. What is the process for joining
apache legal?

(I am not a lawyer)
Carl.

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Keep in mind, "Sun" stuff wasn't necessarily handled under generally available open source TSU (exception) classifications, but as commercial "product". This is, in part, why distributors may have issues using our exceptions and our
classifications (their export legal advisors know better).

For these questions, always kick them across to [EMAIL PROTECTED] please :)

Bill

Jim Hurley wrote:
We're (River incubator project) trying to comply with:
    "Handling Cryptography within an ASF Release"
    <http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html>

This process talks only about software that has been
self classified as 5D002 (has strong crypto classification).
Parts of the Sun Jini Technology Starter Kit (the base contribution
for the River project) were classified as 5D992.b.1, which is
a different classification.  From the ASF perspective, should
we treat this (5D992) classification as effectively "no crypto"?

Need some guidance and insight to help us understand
what we need to do to comply.

thanks -Jim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]