sebb wrote:
> On 15/12/2007, Jean T. Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:
>>> [Eventually found the KEYS file in SVN, but it might be helpful to
>>> provide a pointer in the vote mails]
>>>

>> yeah, I went to their website and followed the link from there.
>
> So did I.
>
>>> The NOTICE file in uimaj-2.2.1-incubating-bin.zip refers to the
>>> contributions from IBM:
>>>
>>> "Software Grant License Agreement", informally known as the
>>> "IBM UIMA License Agreement".
>>>
>>> however, that license is not in LICENSE, nor is it linked from there.
>>>

>> this wording was approved in their first release -- iirc there were
>> discussions about what specifically to put there [1] and I had a minor
>> hand in that since they had borrowed wording from derby [2].
>
> I'm not objecting to the wording in the NOTICE file.
> However, since it refers to another license, I think that needs to be
> present in the LICENSE file:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distributing-code-under-several-licenses

We are not distributing code under several licenses.
The only license applicable to UIMA is the AL.  The
somewhat cryptic (to a non-lawyer) statement in the
NOTICE file was put there on request by the IPMC, we
didn't have it there originally.  To my way of thinking,
what it is supposed to say is that some of the code
originated with IBM, but has since been relicensed
under the Apache License.

This exact version of the NOTICE and LICENSE file has
been approved for our previous two releases, so I do
hope they are still ok.

--Thilo