The NOTICE files need to be updated for 2008, i.e. replace 2007 with
2007-2008 on line 3.

The hash files use a format which is difficult to use, as the hashes
may be split over two lines.

The common MD5 format is either

hex{32}
(i.e. no spaces between hex digits)

or

hex{32}<SP>(<SP>|*)filename

Similarly for SHA1.

Also the SHA1 hashes normally have the suffix ".sha1" rather than ".sha"